Kylee's adoption story



This experience makes me cry every time I talk about it, it is such a humbling experience to us. Without adoption, we would not be the same people we are today.
The doctor advised us to look at alternative methods to complete our family (ie. adoption). The hunt began, a short time into this my sister called to see if we were serious and ready for adoption. She told me of a young girl that was a niece to a friend of hers that was expecting, and was considering placement.
We decided we would get our paper work ready. For three weeks I locked myself in the basement with the computer and started filling out paper after paper. I was amazed at this whole process, it was far worth every question on those forms.
We gave our paper work to the agency in June. Shortly after we met with Kylees birth mother. She was beautiful in our eyes. Such a mature young women, I was very impressed with her. She wanted to get to know us, she asked a lot of questions, but mostly it was the feeling of that meeting that made us all understand how important this was for everyone involved. She told her aunt that she new this was right.
We went away that weekend. On the way home I was listening to my messages on the phone, we had a call asking us to call her. I then immediately called her back, only to hear the words "Will you be my baby's parents"! That is about all I heard when tears filled my eyes and I said yes. Still to this day when I think about that phone call I cry, I was so excited and so humbled at the same time, we called our family to share the news.
We met with her a few more times during the pregnancy. We painted a room in our home for Kylee, purple is a great color for our new princess. We were asked to be in the delivery room while she was being born, what an awesome, selfless person. She was ready to share this experience whole hearted. I know it wasn't easy but she did it out of respect for us and Kylee. We thank her for this!
She was born in August, she was perfect, ten toes, ten fingers, tons of black hair, a true beauty. Kylee spent four days in the hospital with her birth mother, with tons of visits from her family.
I was able to come everyday to visit her and spent a lot of time getting to know the wonderful women who gave our daughter life. I love her like one of my own siblings, I respect her decision even more, I love her with all my heart.
Day four was the hardest day for both parties. We got word from the agency to be at the hospital at noon on Friday, when we arrived we went to a room to sign our papers. We received instructions from the caseworker, and was informed right after we received Kylee we would leave the hospital, and was to stay in the state until further notice. I knew papers where being signed by our birth mom at 2:00p.m that day. My heart was with her. I can tell you that day was so emotional for us as well.

Kylee was placed in are arms around 1:30 that day, my mind was running a marathon. My thoughts were joyful to realize that I am a mother to such a perfect little girl. I felt like I couldn't walk out of the hospital on my own two feet that day. I also want you to know the spirit of my Father in Heaven was comforting both of us that day, it filled the room to the fullest capacity, I could barely speak. To this day tears stream down my face as I write this down for you to read. I can't tell you everything I felt that day. I hope you understand how eternally grateful we are to be blessed by adoption.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your story! I truly admire you guys and hope that another little angel gets to join your home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is such a doll. i just cannot get over it.

    ReplyDelete