Kynzees sealing day



I have a few minutes to jot down a few thoughts about Kynzee's special day! Once court was over we took a deep breath and began our spiritual journey of the week. We had a wonderful time on Saturday at the Temple. We had the sealing scheduled for 2:00p.m. in the Logan Temple. We was fortunate to have many guests in our company. This was a extra special day. I decided I wanted to not only remember this day forever but I wanted every detail to be a special thing as well.

I asked my wonderful, talented, mother about a month ago if she had ever heard of anyone that recycled their wedding dress, into a blessing dress. She thought it would be a challenge. I knew she would make it a success. So I took my wedding dress to her and we discussed a few possibility's for it.

I knew I really wanted a dress for Kynzee to be sealed and blessed in and I thought it would be cool if we could use the skirt for a temple dress for me. Then we started talking about Kylee and decided we all needed a small piece of such a special dress for a special day. SOOO my incredible mom spent the next month putting together 3 elaborate dresses. Can I just say Wow! We began cutting my one and only wedding dress into pieces. Piece by piece it all came together.
Kynzees blessing/sealing dress.


Kylees whites!


and the rest for myself!

Yes all three out of my wedding dress. I was getting nervous that Steven might get a little upset. I broke down a little early and told him. I don't keep secrets from him to well. That's OK, he was fine with it and it meant alot more on that particular day.
We of course went to the temple a little early but still was rushed a little. Got everyone settled and started the paper work. The lady in the office said "you have done this once before so you know you will need a tissue right! Something about those kids all dressed in white that makes you break down and cry". My tears started long before that. We sat in a sealing room just off to the side of where we would be sealed and watched as many friends and family walked in. At this point you start thinking of all the people it takes to raise a child and your so thankful they are there to support you. Steven and I then entered, sat in the front and I was already doing the emotional breakdown.
Oh what a great feeling to know you are safe as one family never any thoughts of something coming to an end without one of your most precious pieces of life. I so adore my two beautiful daughters of God. They are true gifts of heaven. They bring more joy then words would ever express. I marvel at the strength they give me. They are pure. They are the true meaning of white, when they enter in that very sacred room.

I then take Kynzee in my arms and Kylee takes her seat not far from us and we are able to become the eternal family we have dreamed about for years. This was an overwhelming spiritual endeavor that was filled with the spirit. I cant really share the sacredness of it in it entirety but it was a wonderful peaceful day. We then was able to take a few photos of are family outside.


On Sunday March 7th Kynzee was blessed by her father and given the name of Kynzee Sue Atkinson. He gave her a beautiful blessing. I am so grateful to the woman who took notes she handed her blessing to me on paper it will be cherished. We then had a wonderful gathering with family and friends and enjoyed the week immensely.


No comments:

Post a Comment