Kynzee's adoption story!


August 19th, 2009 our journey on the right road for Kynzee began. We have been working on this for really over about a year and a half. I was becoming frustrated with the whole adoption process. I would have to tell myself, it will happen when and if it is right. We really had little success finding anything with the agency we began with. I had strong premonitions to look else where. I started looking and talking to different people. I had two other agencies in mind that I was going to research out.

One of my hair clients had recommended me to a friend of a friend who worked at A GUARDIAN ANGEL! I called on the 19th, and asked a few questions at the end of the discussion my mind was pretty well made up. This is where my baby is. I began to do some research to find no one personally had used them. I still wondered what I was doing. I told Steven about them and of course he was wondering the same things I was.

About 30 minutes later they called us back to tell us of a situation. She told me a little boy was going to be born next week to over night a profile to her. I had 5 hours to put our lives on paper for her. We began throwing pictures and words together that would tell our story. We did indeed have most of this info from the other agency, so we went and copied pictures and letters. I made a beautiful 8 page scrapbook. I then put it in the mail, to find out on the following Wed. we had NOT been chosen. I felt bad and sad and fearful, that my dreams would be a never ending hope. We had told a few people about this and called and told them this wasn't the perfect situation for us. We felt our families disappointment as well.

It hadn't been more than 30 minutes and A GUARDIAN ANGEL was back on the phone with me, telling me of another situation. I at this point, was sceptical. The caseworker began to tell me about it and asked if I would be interested in being showed again. I said YES! She showed the same profile to this birth mother. I had begun to wonder if some of the information was a little over board for this particular agency. (Never question your religious status when you are in this process.)

It was a typical night here at our home we went about our day like every other day. At 7:00p.m we received a phone call that was informing us we would have a conference call at 8:00p.m. which was put back to 9:15p.m..  I was sooooo anxious, I carried 2 phones from 8p.m til 9:15p.m. when our caseworker called and said are you ready. I got Steven on one and myself on the other and we began to speak to a wonderful women on the other end, that gave us hope at this point. We were so excited but tried so hard not to let it get the best of us. She asked if we thought we could make it down for the birth. We said we would love to. At this time the caseworker chimed in, to tell us she would call us.

We went to bed of course to have a sleepless night. My mind ran a marathon. "I have nothing ready? What should we do with Kylee? Should we tell our family?" A million questions and a million answers to sigh-let prayers.

Our wonderful friends and neighbors were the only people we had really confirmed things with. We were so blessed to have them keep our minds straight. We then made plans to have Kylee stay with them, and to let this be a fun surprise has well.

Our morning was spent in a frenzy if you can imagine. The clock struck 9:00a.m. and we received a call she was at a (4) and we should head out. We dropped Kylee off at the neighbors and we were off.

We had the wrong directions and drove nearly to Provo, ran 2 stop light in the process before we got a call that the caseworker had given us the wrong place. We then found out she had been born and we was to late for the delivery. Steven quickly turned the car around and we headed back to the hospital in West Valley. She was here and healthy, weighing in at 6pds. 9oz. and 18 inches long.

We arrived to the hospital and was whisked away to the forth floor. I received my wrist band, and walked to meet the Birth mother for the first time. She was beautiful. She was welcoming and I was overwhelmed with love in my heart for her. Tears filled my eyes as we began to talk. She is amazing and wonderful person.

She told us two things stood out to her in our profile one, Kylee is biracial and beautiful. Two that we are religious and the only profile that mentioned our beliefs and morals. She talked to us for a few minutes. Then we were able to go to the nursery to meet our little sweet Kynzee.

We watched her get her first bath. Then held her for the first time. We spent about 3 hours with her and then decided we hadn't eaten all day. Steven wanted to grab a bite to eat. On the way to eat we where so hungry and preoccupied trying to find a place to go we got in the lane of on-coming traffic. Talk about scared out of my mind. I was ready to pee my pants. We then quickly recovered from that slight mishap and found a place to sit down and eat.

I then said to Steven "I am feeling major guilty our parents don't know. Should we call them?" Together we decided that, (telling them) would probably be in our best interest if we really wanted to parent again.  Other wise we wouldn't see tomorrow. (If you know what I mean.)

I called both of them and received a shocked answer from them. It was GREAT! Many questions later we returned back to the hospital to spend a few more hours with our new baby and her Birth mom. It was glorious! Part two at a later time.

No comments:

Post a Comment